- 2018-12-12 to 2018-12-16 On 12-16 December, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in meetings of the initiative of the Enhanced Partnership in Northern Europe (e-PINE) in Washington, D.C.
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting at the Seimas.
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December at 3.15 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the annual conference of the Eastern Europe Studies Centre
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in political consultations and bilateral meetings in Uzbekistan
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius, as part of a delegation led by the President of Lithuania, is attending the meeting of the European Council
Lithuania’s Foreign Ministry offers condolences over Russian plane crash
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania offers its sincere condolences to the families of the victims of the plane crash near Moscow and to all the people of Russia affected by the tragedy.
The plane operated by Saratov Airlines crashed in the Moscow region on Sunday, killing 71 people. The plane that took off from Domodedovo airport was bound for the city of Orsk.
Yesterday, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius wrote on Twitter: “Shocked to learn about the plane crash on the outskirts of Moscow. My most profound sympathies go to everyone affected by this horrific tragedy”.
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, there were no Lithuanian citizens on board.